Doing business with/in Macedonia
Doing business in Macedonia
Having one of the lowest corporate tax rates in Europe, there are also additional features that make Macedonia attractive for Dutch companies to locate operations in Macedonia:
- Excellent location and infrastructure (Trans European Corridors 8 & 10)
- Availability of skilled and cost competitive labor force (41% of population under 30, excellent language skills)
- Free Trade Agreements provide access to markets in 41 countries with 650 million consumers
- Macroeconomic and financial stability
- Highly competitive fiscal benefits (fifth lowest ‘total tax rate’ in the world, according to the WB Paying Taxes 2016 report)
- Appropriate legal framework for protection of foreign investors interests
- EU & NATO Candidate Status
All aspects should be taken into consideration when planning to work/invest/cooperate on a new market. The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Skopje, Macedonia, offers assistance to potential Dutch entrants on the Macedonian market within the duties described in the mandate of the E&T section of the Embassy.
Note: It is highly recommended that the Dutch companies establish initial contact with the Embassy E&Ts staff and ask for all needed information related to the business environment in Macedonia.
For general information on the business environment in Macedonia, please have a look at the following pages: